cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Kavanagh <...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: [Cocoon-Users] Re: Hibernate in Cocoon
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 14:54:53 GMT
FWIW, You can probably get more mileage out of a transformer. That way,
you can pass config information into it via the pipeline, which would
allow you to configure it via request params more easily. I've bene this
route with Excel input and ended up with a transformer because it was a
lot more flexible. Imagine, you can also throw it anyplace in your
pipeline and have it operate on just the namespace it uses. (I'm sure
others have said it better...)

However, in my case (and after looking at the cocoon-hibernate
tutorial), we've decided to bypass cocoon in favor of our own SQL
Transformer (which is quite a bit different and more advanced than the
stanard cocoon one). We just didn't need the caching and lazy loading
that hibernate would have provided. We need to drive an AJAX tree view
of a tree data structure.

David

Thus Spoke Beat De Martin: