cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: sourcefragment
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 05:55:44 GMT
Lincoln wrote:
> How do I get source:fragment in SourceWritingTransformer to contain:
>
> 1. A document on the file system. I have tried:
> <source:fragment>
>   <xi:include href="rect.svg" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>
> </source:fragment>

It seems like this should work, as long as you have the
XIncludeTransformer run before the SourceWritingTransformer in your
pipeline so the xi:include gets expanded.

> and I tied...
>
> <source:fragment>
>   <xsl:value-of select="document(rect.svg)"/>
> </source:fragment>
>

> 2. A xml nodeset at run time. I have tried
> <source:fragment>
>   <xsl:value-of select="$mySvg"/>
> </source:fragment>

Neither of these will work because xsl:value-of only writes out the
descendant text nodes.  xsl:copy-of should work better.

> Currently I can only write a file to the file system if its pasted inside
> <source:fragment>
>   <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="100" height="100">
>     <rect width="100" height="100" />
>   </svg>
> </source:fragment>

If you place a <map:serialize type="xml"/> directly before the
SourceWritingTransformer stage (or use a cocoon view) it will show you
what that transformer is getting as input.  It should look the same
whether it comes from the source XML or an XInclude etc. so this will
allow you to verify that.