cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Combinational Logic" <combinational.lo...@soc-ip.com>
Subject RE: Updating Xindice with Request Data
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:39:02 GMT
Sorry I don't have time to describe all the details, but a brief overview of
what worked for me follows:

Use flow to display and bind the CForm to the results of an xmldb query then
save the results back to a document.  Pass the document to a JX pipeline to
get it back into the pipeline, then use XSLT to generate stuff in the
XUpdate namespace and pass it through an XMLDB transformer.

It would be nice to package /abstract this sort of operation up as it seems
to be a re-occurring design pattern.  At least it was for my cocoon
development.  Perhaps someone knows of a better way.  Thoughts?

CL

  _____

From: Mike Casey [mailto:werdafucami@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 5:10 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Updating Xindice with Request Data

Hi All,

I am currently working on an implementation of a wiki type site that uses
XML for Wiki syntax, partly to help learn NXBs/Cocoon and partly because I
could not find a suitable product out there to meet my needs.

The XMLDB block samples has some good examples on how to update Xindice
using XML files which is all very well in good however I need to figure out
how to pull xml data out of a CForm and then push it into Xindice. The
sample has the pipeline

<map:match pattern="populate">
        <map:generate src="populate.xml"/>
        <map:transform type="cinclude"/>
        <map:transform type="xmldb"/>
        <map:serialize/>
 </map:match>

Where ofcourse the generator looks for a physical xml file. Does anyone have
any hints on how I might acheive this? I am reasonably new to Cocoon so
forgive me if the answer you return is blatantly obvious!

Cheers,

Mike Casey
Wellington
New Zealand