cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Neu" <peter....@gmx.net>
Subject How to structure a website with cocoon
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:04:49 GMT
Hello,

I would like to develop a classic web site with cocoon. I'm used to doing
this with tiles. I looked at the examples how the guys at daisy and forest
do that but I find their concepts rather unfamiliar.

I also found this example
http://www.cocooncenter.org/articles/navigation.html but is this how it
should be done?

I realize that another alternative would be doing this with extra piplelines
for every component in a website. Like this:

<map:match pattern="publicpages/**">
   <map:aggregate element="page">
     <map:part src="cocoon:/menu-part/{1}"/>
     <map:part src="cocoon:/header-part/{1}"/>
     <map:part src="cocoon:/footer-part/{1}"/>
   </map:aggregate>
    ...transform etc.
</map:match>

But does anyone have a little (working) example?

Cheers,
Pete