cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Cesta <aace...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Binding selection boxes to beans in cocoon forms?
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 20:09:21 GMT

Jason,

No problem putting this solution on the Wiki, except that I do not know how I could possibly
edit
the wiki.  I think we could add 8 lines or so to the following page:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/WoodyDatatypeReference?highlight=%28selection-list%29

Also, please have a look at the "Binding Framework" documentation.  Search for setSelectionList
on
it.  Did anybody manage to build a concrete example using that technique?  Would you be able
post some more snippets of it?  How are you setting the selected value from the list?

Best regards, Andre' Cesta

--- Jason Johnston <cocoon@lojjic.net> wrote:

> Andre Cesta wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > After receiving zero help from the list on a question posted 6 days ago, I decided
to post
> myself
> > the solution I found for it: http://geocities.com/aacesta/hibernateandcforms.html
> >
> > The problem is integrating hibernate beans with cocoon forms containing selection
lists.
> There
> > were multiple problems faced with the binding of the selection list and then with
the
> selection of
> > the default value.
> >
> > After searching the list archives, google, and also the cocoon examples I was able
to put a
> > solution/consolitated example together (the selection list example on cocoon are
with XML not
> with
> > beans).
> >
> > Perhaps now the experts - that have provided no help at all - could review the example
and
> suggest
> > improvements or better ways of doing it.
>
> No need to act indignant, that's not likely to motivate anyone to help
> you out.  Keep in mind everyone here, including the "experts", are just
> volunteering their time.  I for one looked at your problem and did not
> see a solution at first glance, but was unable to take the time right
> away to dig into it deeper.  Nobody was trying to snub you or anything.
>

> > I put the snippets for the solution on an URL for future use:
> > http://geocities.com/aacesta/hibernateandcforms.html
>
> Very nice!  Perhaps you could put this page on the Cocoon wiki, that way
> people would be able to find it more easily?

Andre Cesta, BEng, MSc, SCJP, SCJA
http://geocities.com/aacesta