cocoon-users mailing list archives

From mike rowse <m...@mcmastermm.ca>
Subject selection-list and with fd:field as an item?
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 01:55:03 GMT
I think it is now obvious who needs some sleep. :)
My apologies for the extra empty email.

I have been searching through the resources for an answer to this
question for some time now.

I would like to be able to create a cform with this structure

()radio Button : <ft:widget-label id="one"/> : <ft:widget id="one"/>
()radio Button : <ft:widget-label id="two"/> : <ft:widget id="two"/>
()radio Button : <ft:widget-label id="three"/> : <ft:widget id="three"/>

I hope that makes sense.

I have tried doing a number of things.

1. I tried creating three <fd:field> s styled as radio boxes and on each
radio box I put a fi:styling name="radio_group". This unfortunately
doesn't work as the name attribute of the <input> element is used in the
whole cform mechanism (meaning that cocoon can't read the value of the
widget).

2. I have tried doing the following for the <fd:item>s in the selection
list

<fd:item value="typed_text"><fd:label><ft:widget
id="one"/></fd:label></fd:item>

This doesn't work on account of the standard widget xsl stylesheet.

3. I would just use basic <input>  elements and then pull the users
choice from the cocoon.request in flow, however, this structure
eventually will have to be part of a repeater and it seems that this
would get unduly complicated.

4. I need to have all the radio buttons party of different selection
groups as these groups of radio buttons are going to be repeated.

---

So. I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this situation before. It
seems that this structure of form is fairly common place and I'm
surprised that I haven't found a good work around. I have considered
playing with the basic widget styling XSL, but, I'm hoping that someone
on the list has a better suggestion because hacking the XSL seems to be
a rather nasty solution to this problem (although if it is the simplest
way I will do it). Perhaps I'm missing a conception building block and
the solution is very easy. :)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can make,
Mike