cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Error message handling in repeater rows
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2005 09:24:49 GMT
I'd appreciate it if anyone could point to how to setup
handling of error messages for fields in repeater rows...
the method I am using does not seem to be working?

I have setup a new error message widget inside of the
repeater row, but it does not seem to receive a fail message
when, for example, an integer is out of range e.g.

<fd:form
 xmlns:fd="http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#definition"
 xmlns:i18n="http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.1">

	<fd:widgets>

		<fd:field id="message" required="false"> <!-- message for outer widgets-->
			<fd:label></fd:label>
			<fd:datatype base="string">
			</fd:datatype>
		</fd:field>

		<fd:field id="GroupLabel" required="true">
			<fd:label>Label</fd:label>
			<fd:datatype base="string"/>
		</fd:field>

	<fd:repeater id="dsdata" size="5">
		<fd:widgets>

		<fd:field id="dsmessage" required="false">  <!-- message for repeater widgets-->
			<fd:label></fd:label>
			<fd:datatype base="string"/>
		</fd:field>

		<fd:field id="dsYear">
			<fd:label>Year</fd:label>
			<fd:datatype base="integer"><fd:convertor type="plain"/></fd:datatype>
			<fd:validation>
  			<fd:range max="2100" min="1900">
				<fd:failmessage>Not in the required range (1900 to 2100)!</fd:failmessage>
			</fd:range>
			</fd:validation>
		</fd:field>

Thanks!