cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <antonio.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help me please!
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:17:41 GMT
> Index the content of the site:
>             - alternatives:
>                         - crawl the site
>                         - LuceneIndexTransformer
>             Search the previous formed index:
> - using SearchGenerator
> ----------------------------------------------------------------<<<<<
>
> I have a working webapp (almost all content is dynamic) that I would like to
> enrich with searching capabilities. I am interested in
> LuceneIndexTransformer for indexing.

I have never done indexing with LuceneIndexTransformer, so I cannot
help you much on this.

> Is this a correct scenario? If it is, then it means I understood well so
> far, otherwise please stand me corrected.

I cannot tell you if it's correct.

The approach we have is:
- one XSP for searching
- one XSP for indexing (crawling approach)

> 1. The "master pipeline" is supposed to be called manually (like typing it
> in the address bar) or can it be automated somehow (i. e. running once a
> nigh)?

That's easy. Your answer is the cron block. There are easy commented
out examples in your cocoon.xconf if you compiled the block in. Just
setup a cron job to call your indexing pipeline as frequently as you
wish.

--
Antonio