cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Merico Raffaele <raffaele.mer...@less.ch>
Subject AW: Newbie to Cocoon
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 08:10:53 GMT
Hi Anshuk

Since an XSL file is also an XML file it possible to do it with Cocoon. But
it's more the job of a XSLT processor than of Cocoon. Cocoon is on top of
it. Cocoon is the control centre to control an n-step XML transformation
from the sourceing (generation) to the final result (serialization). Between
these two steps you can transform your XML data as may times as you need it,
relaying on given or on your own functionality.

But if you are just looking for a XSLT processor, you do not need Cocoon. I
can recommend you 2 XSLT processors:
- http://www.saxonica.com/
- http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/

Saxon (also available as open source version) is a great product. And
Michael Kay, the author of Saxon, does a great job. Please also note the XSL
list at xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com.

Hope this helps
Raffaele