cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Merico Raffaele <raffaele.mer...@less.ch>
Subject AW: cform date validation
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 08:31:21 GMT
Ciao Derek, ciao Gunter

Thanks a lot for your hints. I - nearly - solved the problem with
<fd:javascript/> based on the javascript library of
http://www.mattkruse.com/javascript/date/.

The javascript code refered in the <fd:javascript/> looks very simple:

---
var enteredValue = cocoon.request.get(widget.getRequestParameterName());
var trimedValue = enteredValue.replaceAll("\\s", "");
if (!isDate(trimedValue, "d.M.yyyy")) {
		var valError = new
org.apache.cocoon.forms.validation.ValidationError("invalidDate");
		widget.setValidationError(valError);
		return false;
}
---

The only unsolved problem is that a "wrong" date input (i.e. 32.12.05) is
auto-converted and redisplay as 01.01.06. As this point the users sees an
error message with a right date. But he does not see what he entered before.

I see, if not differently possible, the possibility to display the original
entered date as part of the error message. Not a very elegant solution. What
I am looking for is a possibility to set the originally entered date and to
be redisplayed as the user typed it in.

Any ideas ... Raffaele

PS: An alternative (not really) could be the use of the datatype string
instead of the datatype date. But in this case I see some problems in the
conversion/presentation of given form data (coming from the source)
formatted as yyyy-MM-dd and therefore not conforming to the locale
presentation.