cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Question about serializers
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:55:32 GMT
Hello Fawzib,

what you are suggesting/trying seems quite impossible to me? But, I am just wondering, why
would take it so long for the pdf's to be generated? I suppose you are generating a pdf from
several xml docs and serialize it to pdf? Well, do the xml docs change every minute? Why can't
you just solve it by smart caching?

Do you know which pdfs need to be generated? If you know this, and you really want to do a
background creation, use a cron job for this and cache it...or save it as pdf and serve that
one....

A few minutes to be generated, how large are they????