cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Marcel Rouwenhorst" <marcel.rouwenho...@mobillion.nl>
Subject problems getting the BackgroundEnvironment working within a thread
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2005 10:10:59 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently working on a mail daemon that sends mail from an oracle
queue. (I don't want to use the cron block because it should be a
continues thread in de background). I created a new daemon thread with
the RunnableManager. This still works fine but when I want to call a
pipeline with the SourceResolver from within the run method I get an
exception that the cocoon protocol can't be used.

I understood from some other mail in this mailing list that I should
make a 'fake' environment with the BackgroundEnvironment. I'm trying to
create a new instance of this class but that fails because I need a
context. If I implement Contextualizable I get a Context - an Avalon
context - but this one is incompatible with context - a Cocoon
environment context - that the BackgroundEnvironment needs.

What am I doing wrong here? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Marcel