cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "g[R]eK" <g...@bluebottle.com>
Subject Re: Cforms storing data in Database and error handling
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:39:08 GMT
Marcel Rouwenhorst napisaƂ(a):
> Hi,
>

> I have a question on what is the best way to store data with Cforms.
>
> I use Oracle stored procedures to store data in the database but the
> stored procedures can return an error with an out parameter (string) and
> the error should be presented to the user in the Cform.
>
> <snip what="example"/>
>

> So the question is where to put the stored procedure so I can put manual
> (by code) error messages to the Cform.
>
> I see 3 possible places to put this code (maybe there are more):
>
> - flowscript: I got the stored procedure call working from this point,
> but exiting the show form every time to do the stored procedure doesn't
> seems right to me..
>
> - bindings framework: seems to me the best solution, but can I call the
> stored procedure from here and send (by code) the generated error
> messages back to the Cform?
>
> - using the event handler?
What about custom validator[1] ? It could be your own java class or just
javascript fragment. Then you probably would have to implement your own
component that performs query to your Oracle database and caches it for
further use in your validators. That component should implement
org.apache.avalon.framework.service.Serviceable and
org.apache.avalon.framework.component.Component. The first one will give
you ability to obtain datasource (as you probably would like to do to
perform query) and the second one is standard Avalon marker interface
for components.

Does it fit your situation?

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/widgetconcepts/validation.html

--