cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Fawzib Rojas <f_ro...@spectron-msim.com>
Subject Question about serializers
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:00:41 GMT
I asked a few days ago about creating a PDF on a background thread
(Subject:Create PDF on background) but didn't got an answer I could use.
Our users requests the PDF and it cannot be batched. Sometimes it takes
a few minutes to be created. What I want to do is something like this:

<map:match pattern="background-pdf-document">
  <map:generate type="custom_generator" src=""/>
  <map:transform src="my_transform.xsl"/>
  <map:serialize type="background">
    <!-- pipeline for pdf (or anything) to be run in the background -->
    <!-- because it takes a while to be created -->
    <map:parameter name="actual_pipeline" value="cocoon:/pdf_pipeline"
type="fo2pdf"/>
    <!-- pipeline to display progress of pipeline 1 refreshing it until
pipeline 1 is done?  -->
    <map:parameter name="progress_pipeline"
value="cocoon:/progress_pipeline" type="html"/>
  </map:serialize>
</map:match>

Is something like this possible? Maybe a custom serializer? Is there
another way to do this?