cocoon-users mailing list archives

From kavitha ramesh <kavirames...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: accessing xml files
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:19:27 GMT
These files A, B, C can change into anything say A001, B001,C001 automatically as these files
are not created by me,,,but always starts with A, B, C.And the sitemap should search for the
file starting with A, B, C and then
do the xslt transformation,,,

Taras Yurij Vasylovitch <taras.yura@softsky.com.ua> wrote:
  On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 05:22 -0800, kavitha ramesh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 3 xml files in a directory say A.xml,B.xml,C.xml.The names A,
> B, C changes into A1,B1,C1 after 5 minutes.And after 5 minutes it
> changes to A2,B2, C2 and so on...Now my sitemap looks like this,,,
>

> When my xml files changes into different names, how do I tell my
> sitemap to access the files with new names?
> If someone knows pls help me,,,
>
> Rgds
> Kavitha.

What about creating XSP that will check, what files it should use?
Another way is using "directory" generator
( http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/directory-generator.html ),
transforming result file using XSLT to sms like

and use XInclude or CInclude.
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/xinclude-transformer.html
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/cinclude-transformer.html
IMHO the best way is to change sms in system logic and use pipelines
instead of reading from files, i.e.

else. -->

Later you can move your data, i.e. in DB and you'll have to change only
last_version_of pipeline, while output.html will remain the same.