cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Fred Vos <fred....@planet.nl>
Subject Re: How to configure the location of external services in the sitemap
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:13:56 GMT
On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 12:49:34PM +0100, Geert Josten wrote:
> Here is a simple alternative:
>
> Use input modules to insert the application specific base urls. Something
> like:
>
> <map:generate src="{my-config:base-url}/my-query.xml" />
>
> You have several default input modules at your disposal, for reading
> properties files, xml, etc. You can define them locally in your sitemap by
> the way..
>
> Regards,
> Geert

Thank you, Geert. It works. I created an entry in WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf:

    <component-instance
      class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.XMLFileModule"
      logger="core.modules.input"
      name="pprotoconf">
      <file src="context://pproto/conf.xml"/>
    </component-instance>

and a file called 'conf.xml' in the tomcat5/webapps/cocoon/pproto directory
(URLs and names of services changed for this example):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<conf>
  <service1>http://host.domain.org:port/path/service1</service1>
  <service2>http://anotherhost.anotherdomain.org/path/service2</service2>
</conf>

In the sitemap I could then use references like:

      <map:parameter name="srv1" value="{pprotoconf:/conf/service1}"/>

where 'pprotoconf' in '{pprotoconf:/conf/service1}' references the the name
attribute of the component-instance and '/conf/service1' is an XPath
expression.

Regards,

Fred Vos

> Fred Vos wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >At work we are working on a Cocoon application that uses http requests in
> >generators. The base URLs in these requests differ for each instance of our
> >application. We don't want people to edit the sitemap to change URLs of
> >these
> >external services, everytime the sitemap changes. During development we
> >also
> >want to keep our local configuration.

[...]