cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Nouguier Olivier <oliv...@orcades.net>
Subject Re: server startup
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:18:23 GMT
Hi all,
 Even if you coding java stuff. Eclipse IDE support hot class reloading.
You just have to run tomcat/cocoon inside eclipse, and it's done.
The only limitation is linked to hot class reloading, classes will be
hot reloaded *ONLY* if theirs "interfaces" remains unchanged.

Hot class reloading will failed if:
* a member (attribute or method) name change (new, change, delete) *

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 23:58 +0000, Upayavira wrote:
> David wrote:
> > I have been trying to find some information on how to speed up the start
> > up of cocoon. I found how to speed up applications in it but not the
> > start up.
> >
> > The only thing I have found that helps is the obvious -- turning off
> > blocks that are not needed.
> >
> > Any one have some tips?
> >
> > The reason I am trying to speed it up is because when I'm developing I
> > constantly have to reload cocoon. The slow start up slows down development.
>
> The art is to not restart Cocoon. There are various ways of achieving this.
>
> The question though is: what are you doing that requires restarts? Java
> coding?
>
> Upayavira

> Wanadoo vous informe que cet  e-mail a ete controle par l'anti-virus mail.

http://www.orcades.net
Orcades-lr                 Création de site - Référencement - Conseil
4ter Bd Montpellier
Bat B
34000 MONTPELLIER FRANCE