cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Handling configuration files during cocoon update
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 07:55:18 GMT
Sorry if I misunderstood - the previous post suggested that
it was "good practice" to integrate your changes as part
of the build process, rather than making them manually - and
directly - to the files after building Cocoon.

I was not talking about the use case for a *single* project, but
the case for multiple projects, all as part of one Cocoon
deployment, that now needed to be upgraded - not as a result
of project changes but because of wanting to a use a newer
version of Cocoon.

>>> Ralph.Goers@dslextreme.com 2005/11/28 08:53:47 AM >>>
You only need to rebuild Cocoon if you have integrated your product into
its build. If you use the process described at
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/HowToBuildAndDeployCocoonWithMaven?highlight=%28maven%29
then you only need to rebuild Cocoon when you want to upgrade it. To
integrate changes to your project you must rebuild and redploy your project.

Ralph

Derek Hohls wrote:

> Does this imply that if you have incremental changes to these
> files (more projects being added to an *existing* Cocoon
> installations) over time, that you should be rebuilding and
> redeploying Cocoon each time?

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions