cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: cocoon dependencies (was 'Distributing "stand alone" Cocoon apps')
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 06:30:49 GMT
and 2c from the sideline:

If the creator of Cocoon struggles to bring Cocoon "down to
size", how simple is it going to be for us unwashed masses...?!
or is his plea for a cleaner, simpler build going to be taken
up by someone who really knows what they are doing.

It would really be great to be able to dump a (relatively) small
stand-alone version of a project onto a disc (or even to send
as an exe) for demo purposes.

It does not seem that Cocoon is that far from this scenario;
perhaps just some tweaking by the gurus ... or am I really
misunderstanding the situation?

>>> ml@wrinkledog.com 2005/11/24 02:32 AM >>>
Hi Bill,

On Nov 23, 2005, at 3:23 PM, Bruyn Bill wrote:

> But find 16.7MB worth of JAR files in my WEB-INF/lib. Surely I don't
> need all of this... Do I? Is there some scientific way to pare this
> down, or must I just delete/test?

You might find this of interest...
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=112862562914774&w=2

ml