cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject RE: Security and Authentication
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 06:08:35 GMT
Mike

Why not add this to the WIki - that's what the site is there for - so
"us users" can build up a shared base of learning...

Cheers
Derek

>>> mikedickson@yahoo.com 2005/11/18 02:34 AM >>>

{request:remoteUser} worked!  I thank you for your time. For the record:              <map:match
pattern="user/home">                    <map:generate src="transform/user/home.xml"/>
                   <map:transform src="transform/user/home.xsl">
   <map:parameter name="use-session-info" value="true"/>                        <map:parameter
name="remoteUser" value="{request:remoteUser}"/>
       </map:transform>                    <map:transform type="encodeURL"/>
                  <map:serialize type="html"/>              </map:match>
   One note:  I have spent three days looking around the Internet to solve this.  I am sure
many people need to know the answer to this question.  I hope someone that has control of
the docs can add something.  Otherwise, this post may help out. Mike D. -----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Stevens [mailto:ats37@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 4:17 PM
To: mikedickson@yahoo.com; users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: RE: Security and Authentication >From: "Mike Dickson" <mikedickson@yahoo.com>>Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:31:35 -0800> >What data does Tomcat forward to Cocoon so I can tell
which user has just>logged in? I need to look up their data and have it ready for the user
home>page.  (What variables are handed to Cocoon to work with?  JSESSIONID?  How>do
I get at them? {request-param:..}?) I haven't checked what's currently available in CVS, but
in one of our projects a while back I just modified the request parameter action (I think)
to put the getRemoteUser() value in an extra entry in the returned map.  Then I just used
that in the sitemap with {remoteUser}.Another possibility (for which I submitted a patch -
#35051 in bugzilla) is to add it to the request generator output.  I have a vague feeling
you can also access it with the request input module ({request:remoteUser} maybe?) though
I might be wrong about that. There's also a patch in bugzilla (#32164) that fixes the broken
RoleFilterTransformer, so you can make use of isUserInRole() privileges.  Andrew.   ---------------------------------------------------------------------To