cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: CForms - different views of the same widget
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 13:22:07 GMT
Ok; I now have:

<fd:on-value-changed>
<fd:javascript>
 var thisWidget = event.source;
 if ( thisWidget.getValue() == "" ) {
   thisWidget.setState ( WidgetState.ACTIVE)
 }  else  {
  thisWidget.setState ( WidgetState.OUTPUT)
 }
</fd:javascript>
</fd:on-value-changed>

But I get  a "Reference error: WidgetState is not defined"; searching
the archives also revealed an unanswered problem:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=112178872110129&w=2

Any light on this aspect?

Thanks.

>>> sylvain@apache.org 2005/11/04 11:38 AM >>>

Derek Hohls wrote:
> Thanks guys, what you say makes sense... but my "widget"
> grammer is a little limited still; would the syntax be something
> like:
>
> <fd:field id="key" required="true">
>  <fd:on-value-changed>
>   <javascript>

although <javascript> works, please use <fd:javascript>

>    var thisWidget = event.source.lookupWidget("key");

Your "key" widge is simply "event.source"

>    if ( thisWidget.value() == "" ) {

use either "thisWidget.value" or "thisWidget.getValue()". You may also
want to test against null

>      thisWidget.setState ( WidgetState.ACTIVE)
>    }  else  {
>     thisWidget.setState ( WidgetState.OUTPUT)
>    }

Yep!
>   </javascript>
>  </fd:on-value-changed>