cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Vincent Oostindiƫ <vincent.oostin...@ordina.nl>
Subject [2.1.7] LocaleAction and Cookie expiration
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 08:05:34 GMT
Hi,

I use the LocaleAction to manipulate the user's locale. I want this locale to
be kept in the cookie after the session ends, so that it is still available if
the user accesses the application at a later date.

Examining the code for the LocaleAction and the I18nUtils I noticed that the
cookie is stored for the current session only. There's no way to change this
(other than patching the code, that is).

By the way: I read elsewhere that using the LocaleAction is 'out of fashion'.
However this is the only i18n example I could find in the Cocoon 2.1.7
examples. That's why I use it anyhow.

Is there a simple way to persist the locale in a cookie for a longer period? A
bit of Cocoon Flow maybe?

TIA,

Vincent