cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ben Anderson <benanderson...@gmail.com>
Subject valid xml serializer
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:54:38 GMT
Hi,
I'm using xhr and would like to get the response as a dom document.
The responseText property is there, but the responseXML property is
null.  I believe the problem is that the response isn't valid xml.
What's the best approach to this?  Currently I'm using the HTML
Serializer which does things like change <br /> to <br>.  Is this the
problem I think it is?  If so, what's the best approach?  I just tried
the xhtml serializer, which gives valid xml output, but now my
&#160;'s are rendering incorrectly as an A with a carrot over the top.
 Perhaps I'll try xml
Thanks,
Ben