cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Continuations and site indexing
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:54:49 GMT
Le 22 nov. 05, à 12:24, Neil a écrit :

> ...In reading about Cocoon and its use of control flow, I wondered
> about
> the implications of continuations for indexing of Cocoon-based sites by
> search engines, or by advertising services such as Google's AdSense
> (which require static URLs). Wouldn't the presence of a page-specific
> continuation-ID in every request render the site unusable by such
> services? Is there some way of handling this besides storing every
> continuation?...

Continuations are most often used on the "private" part of an
application, where you edit data. These are pages that you usually
don't want to be indexed.

It's a good idea to *not* use continuations (or even sessions) for the
public part of your app, as much as possible, for indexing reasons as
you mention, but also for caching and performance reasons.

-Bertrand