cocoon-users mailing list archives

From William Moore <wmoo...@ntlworld.com>
Subject Connection Pooling for Spring and Hibernate3
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:57:56 GMT
Hello,

Is it possible to use the Cocoon database connection pool inside an
application based on Cocoon, Spring and Hibernate?

I have looked at CHS (http://www.cocoondev.org/main/117/43.html) and
CocoonAndHibernateTutorial
(http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonAndHibernateTutorial), but the
former does not use the Cocoon connection pool and the latter does not
use Spring.

In my attempts I have found that Spring seems to create the DataSource
and SessionFactory objects defined in it's applicationContext.xml file
very early in the start-up process and outside the Cocoon framework.
This means the classes cannot operate as Cocoon Components and
consequently they cannot access the Cocoon connection pools.

Is this correct or am I missing something obvious? I'm fairly new to
programming at this level.

Thanks for any help.

William Moore