cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Error when installing Cocoon 2.1.8 under Tomcat 5.5.9
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:21:10 GMT
Le 22 nov. 05, à 17:11, Joseph Hill a écrit :

> I restarted it as root and this time it worked.  Do you have to be
> root to start Cocoon under Tomcat...

No, but the error that you got indicates that the multipart
RequestFactory could not access its upload director.

So it is a directory permission problem, which obviously goes away when
running as root (maybe because you started tomcat as root first and it
created this directory).

Here's the code around line 61 of
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/servlet/multipart/RequestFactory.java:

     if (saveUploadedFilesToDisk) {
            // Empty the contents of the upload directory
            File[] files = uploadDirectory.listFiles();
            for (int i = 0; i < files.length; i++) {
                files[i].delete();
            }
        }

I haven't checked but IIRC, by default the uploads to somewhere under
the WEB-INF of your Cocoon webapp, you should check access rights
there.

-Bertrand