cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <antonio.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange caching issue: need to reload twice
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 08:15:37 GMT
Sylvain, Joerg,

Thank you both for your responses.

2005/11/3, Sylvain Wallez <sylvain@apache.org>:
> Hmm... could this be related to the refresh delay of the directory
> generator[1]?
>
> What happens if you add <map:parameter name="refreshDelay" value="0"/>
> in the <generate type="directory"> ?

Sylvain, we tested value="0", and got the same effect.

Going slightly further, we tried with value="-1", and amazingly
enough, it worked.

AFAICS, this must be a bug somewhere, as Cocoon is not refreshing at
the first attempt even after an amount of time far longer than one
second (except with value="-1"). We have little knowledge on Cocoon
internals, but we were looking into the DirectoryGenerator (and
DirValidity) and found nothing strange.

Joerg, I do not know of any mechanism of background reloading. In
fact, I doubt it, as the logs show that the caching of the new
response happens on the second reload.

The problem seems somewhere else, but have no idea where to look. Any
hints would be appreciated.

--
Antonio