cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Fiol Bonnín <antonio.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange caching issue: need to reload twice
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 19:42:54 GMT
2005/11/3, Sylvain Wallez <sylvain@apache.org>:
> Antonio Fiol Bonnín wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > With current SVN version, and also with 2.1.7, I am seeing a strange
> > caching issue: For a certain document (relevant sitemap portions
> > attached below), when the source (a directory) changes, I need to
> > reload twice to get the right content in my browser.
> >
> > Any help tracking this problem would be greatly appreciated.
> >

> Hmm... could this be related to the refresh delay of the directory
> generator[1]?

Dear Sylvain,

First of all, thank you for pointing this out: I had completely
disregarded this possibility, not thinking this could be a time issue
but a validity issue..

> What happens if you add <map:parameter name="refreshDelay" value="0"/>
> in the <generate type="directory"> ?

We will try it tomorrow morning, as soon as I get to the office.

However, at first glance, I do not think this might solve the issue because:

- The effect does not seem to depend on time. It takes us a fair
amount of time (far more than 1 second - the default delay - in any
case) to create/delete a file in the directory and hit the first
reload.

- The logs show that the cached response *is* removed on the first
reload attempt, but is *not* cached again (generated again?) until the
second reload.  I cannot guess why a content which is removed from the
cache is not generated and re-cached immediately after that.

WDYT?

--
Antonio