cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Distributing "stand alone" Cocoon apps
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:41:56 GMT
Le 23 nov. 05, à 15:29, Derek Hohls a écrit :

> ...I am unsure if one can, in fact build it as a *reasonable*
> sized (under 5mb?)...

The closest "standard" thing that we have is probably the
"standalone-demo" build, with all blocks disabled except what you
actually need.

It's more than 5MB (around 18MB IIRC), but I think several jars are
included but not used, so you should be able to trim it down (or try
with 2.2 which should be able to build a smaller core). Or use
something like http://proguard.sourceforge.net/, which has been
discussed here (or on dev@, don't remember) already.

If you can reach the desired size, next step would be to create a
bootstrap Java class to start the Cocoon servlet, for that I'd look at
the embedded mode of Jetty, where you can start it from a java class
with no external configuration.

Of course, this will still require the correct JVM to be installed on
the client, or the use of java web start to select the correct one.

-Bertrand