cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: Sitemap include
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:23:08 GMT

On Nov 30, 2005, at 8:20 AM, Irv Salisbury wrote:

> I have two sitemaps that have some similar map:match and subsequent
> pipeline processing elements.  Is there any "include" type element for
> a sitemap?
>
>  I cannot have a common parent sitemap and use a map:mount, so that
> option is out.
>
>  My only idea at this point is to use the dtd entity replacement type
> stuff that you can use on any xml file.
>
>  What I'd really like is something like:
>
>  <map:pipelines>
>      <map:include href="../commonPipelines/common.xmap"/>
>      <!-- Now add my own -->
>  </map:pipelines>
>
>  Any thoughts?

I'd really like to have that too, but unfortunately there's no such
thing.  In 2.2. there's a special include just for <map:components>,
but that won't do what we want.

I use XML entities, as you suggested.  The only real "gotcha" is that
if you change one of the included sitemap files, you have to "touch"
the topmost sitemap file (i.e. the one named in cocoon.xconf or in a
parent sitemap <mount>).

HTH,
—ml—