cocoon-users mailing list archives

From ian.d.stew...@jpmchase.com
Subject RE: Cocoon with Expresso
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:08:33 GMT
Hi Craig,

I'm not familiar with Expresso, but you may want to take a look at the
Cocoon-Hibernate-Spring (CHS) Petstore sample[1], which also uses the DAO
pattern (utilizing the Spring Framework[2]).

Definitely much quicker than EJB's!

Ian

[1] http://cocoondev.org/main/117/43.html
[2] http://www.springframework.org

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not

Ian D. Stewart
Phone: (614) 244-2564
Pager: (888) 260-0078

                      "Craig

                      Christophersen"          To:       <users@cocoon.apache.org>

                      <craigch@synesis7        cc:

                      .com>                    Subject:  RE: Cocoon with Expresso

                      11/02/2005 11:00

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      users

A little more detail.  We are trying to utilize the DataAccessObjects of
Expresso.  We are currently utilizing cocoon for the web portion of a J2EE
application and accessing data thru ejb's.  Expresso's DataAccessObjects
are much faster.  I am wondering if anyone has ideas as to
integrating(bypassing/modifying the expresso controller?) rather than
having to connect to a separate web app running Expresso.

Craig Christophersen
Software Developer
Synesis7
(406)496-6421