cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Merico Raffaele <raffaele.mer...@less.ch>
Subject AW: Authentication question
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 07:25:19 GMT
Hi Gerry

It could be done in the following way:

In the <map:act type="auth-login"> where you do your login check you have
authorisation-OK processing step. This one could be a <map:redirect-to
uri="check-user-account-status"/>. In the "check-user-account-status"
pipeline you can
a) act depending on the account status, that can be checked by an specific
action
b) passing the control to a JavaScript that calls a pipeline depending on
its result

That's just an idea, any improvements are welcome ... Raffaele

PS: But what do you do, if the users account status gets disabled during it
is logged in? Should you not check the status on every request and design
your response processing on the possibility of an OK or NOK status. If you
would, it would solve the other problem automatically.