cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Named queries in SQLTransformer
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:24:58 GMT
See comments in the text. But, see next mail how to better handle your xml/xsl and make it
easier for yourselve to debug and see where an xpath goes wrong:

> > >It seems that correct form to pick up a rowset in XSL is:
> > ><xsl:variable name='custdata'
> > >select="/page/content/sql:rowset[@sql:name='query1']"/>

So now in the variable you have all nodes from rowset and lower

> > >The query returns 1 row.
> > >But for whatever reason I can't get to the row, to show the
> > >values on the screen:
> > ><xsl:for-each select='$custdata'>  <-- expect to pass
> > >$custdata/row

And now your do an xsl:for-each on the one single top node, namely sql:rowset. So, probably,
you want
<xsl:for-each select="$custdata/sql:row">  or $custdata/child::node()

This will loop through your nodes...

> > >  <xsl:call-template name='row1'>
> > >    <xsl:with-param name='therow' select='.'/>x

So you are passing the $custdata into "therow"

> > >  </xsl:call-template>
> > ></xsl:for-each>
> > >
> > ><xsl:template name="row1">
> > >  <xsl:param name='therow'/>

see
> > >the whole row
> > >select='$therow/col1'/></td>   <--- can't see

Since $therow = $custdata if I did not lost trace, then the xpath here should be select="$therow/sql:row/sql:col1"/>

Hope you agree this is a pretty easy xsl becoming pretty hard to read. See next mail how you
can better handle this stuff.

AS