cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about multiple pipelines
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:51:20 GMT
Le 17 nov. 05, à 09:31, Lian Liming a écrit :

> ...The only reason I know so far is that different pipeline can define
> different "error-handler". Is that all the reason for multiple
> pipelines?...

That's one of the reasons, the other one being that you can configure
each pipeline differently: internal-only or accessible from the
outside, caching or non-caching, profiling, etc.

Also, using several pipelines is often a way to express logical
groupings of matches in a sitemap, but this is just a matter of sitemap
writing style.

> ...    Another question is that,  if having defined multiple
> pipelines, what is the order for the pipelines matching the client
> request? Is it the same as multiple "match" in a single pipeline which
> based on "first-match" approach?..

Yes, the order is based on the matchers, irrelevant of their grouping
in pipelines.

-Bertrand