cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pdf serializer encoding
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 07:46:15 GMT
Le 16 nov. 05, à 08:30, Myriam Delperier a écrit :

> ...I'm creating pdf files with something like :
> <map:generate type="xsp" src="myfile.xsp"/>
> <map:transform src="myfile.xsl"/>
> <map:serialize type="fo2pdf" />
>
> the result is a pdf page with ISO-8859-1 encoding, and I need an UTF-8
> encoding....

What do you mean by that, what symptoms do you see?

If it's the accented characters which are wrong in your PDF output, it
usually means that your *data* is garbled, not the PDF.

Trying <map:serialize type="xml"/> instead of fo2pdf should show you
the problem, if the characters are still wrong you have an encoding
problem upstream, either in myfile.xsp, in myfile.xsl or in your data.

-Bertrand