cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Philippe Gassmann <philippe.gassm...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Problem with sendmail action
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:26:15 GMT
Goetzmann Bertrand wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use the sendmail action in my sitemap.xmap to, of course, send
> emails from a form. It works well if all the parameters needed are
> correct, but otherwise I can't read the "status" parameter that the
> action set.
>
> I think it is perhaps a bug because in the concerned source code,
> Sendmail.java from org.apache.cocoon.acting package, if the operation
> fails (an exception is raized), the act method returns null, and then
> you can't read the "status" (with the value server-error or
> user-error) parameter nor the "message" parameter, in the sitemap.
>
> Is someone cab confirm this ? Thank.
>

> Bertrand Goetzmann.

After having a look to the source code, yes you're right !
When an exception occurs, the sendmail action returns null to the
sitemap. But, I can see this in the source code :
finally{
ObjectModelHelper.getRequest(objectModel).setAttribute(Sendmail.REQUEST_ATTRIBUTE,status);
}
I guess it is possible to get the status not using what's returned by
the action but using what the action sets in the request with the input
module request:
{request:attributes/org.apache.cocoon.acting.Sendmail/status} for the status

and {request:attributes/org.apache.cocoon.acting.Sendmail/status} for
the message.

This is really a strange behaviour !

--
Philippe GASSMANN