cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: War File Not Created During Build
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:20:03 GMT
Owen,

Please keep discussion on the users mailing list. It benefits more
people if we keep this discussion in public - and you may end up getting
more perspectives than just mine.

Owen Lindsell wrote:
> Hi,
> the is no mention of building a war file.  The bullet points are as
> follows...
> - Clean Cocoon build directory: build clean
> - Build Cocoon webapp: build webapp
> - Remove xalan-XXX.jar, xercesImpl-XXX.jar, batik-all-XXX.jar, and
> xml-apis.jar from the cocoon.war archive.
> - Copy cocoon/build/cocoon/cocoon.war into tomcat/webapps directory.
> - Start Tomcat: Go to the tomcat/bin directory, and run the startup script.
> - Open the Cocoon welcome page: http://localhost:8080/cocoon/
> - Congratulations! You should see the Cocoon welcome page.
>
> Also, I noticed the section "Installing on Tomcat 3.3.X" should come
> after the section "Installing on Tomcat 3.2.X", otherwise it doesn't
> make sense.

Okay, I now see what you mean. I do think that page is far more
complicated than it needs to be. Are you actually trying Tomcat 3? Does
anyone still use it?

> Btw, do you know if cocoon works on Tomcat 5.0?

I only ever use Jetty, so I don't know.