cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: not closing "empty" tags with xhtml serializer
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:40:36 GMT
Michael Wechner wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> Michael Wechner wrote:

>>> I guess that's the one which I am using:
>>>
>>> src/blocks/serializers/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/serializers/XHTMLSerializer.java

>>> you mean adding "iframe" to
>>>

>>> if ((local.equalsIgnoreCase("textarea")) ||
>>>               (local.equalsIgnoreCase("script")) ||
>>>               (local.equalsIgnoreCase("style"))) {
>>>
>>> ?
>>>

>> Yeah, that kinda thing!
>>
>> If iframe is another one of those cases, then it makes sense to add it
>> to that list and commit it.
>>

> ok, will do so. Whereas I think it would make sense to make this list
> configurable within
> the map:components declaration. On the other hand the list is not
> endless ;-) WDYT?

Since the list is not endless, then does not make sense to make it
configurable. Better, please do a small research of all the tags that
have the same behavior. WDYT?

BTW, This is a old good know bug. It had been around for more than a
year. I wonder why this is not just switch the default serializer.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.