cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Create hsqldb tables
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2005 04:28:37 GMT
Peter Sparkes wrote:

> Thank you both for your help.
>
> Following Antonio's link I ended up downloaded a new version of hsqldb
> and playing with it until I understood what to do. One of the things I
> found out was that the hsqldb shipped with Cocoon does not contain the
> admin tools of the full version. I therefore replaced the cocoon
> hsqldb jar with the one I downloaded so I can see what's going on
> inside cocoon's hsqldb.

Hi Peter:

Glad to see you solved the issue! You are right, the hsqldb version
shipped with cocoon was compiled without the admin tools to avoid
unnecesary fat. Cocoon ship a lot of libraries. We will substancially
address this issue in the near to come version 2.2. Sometime ago I
wanted to switch to Apache Derby [1] and I hear the purpose of the
hsqldb block is just to provide a db-engine platform for cocoon samples.
Some people will suggest you to use Apache Derby instead. :-)

There are also some intro tutorial related to Apache Derby in the
Bertrand presentation [2] at GT 2005.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

[1] http://db.apache.org/derby/