cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Christophe Kermagoret <...@bluexml.org>
Subject Is the cocoon portal redirection mandatory ?
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:11:06 GMT
Hello,

When you try to connect to the portal when not connected :
* the server sends you a new URL to connect to through a 302 response
with a new location that contains a cookie
* you then make this connection with this cookie and you are connected

For me, we made one trip (go and back) too much.

Is there a way to oblige tomcat or cocoon to use jsession id without
cookies ? I can simulate this by prohibiting my browser to accept
cookies, but I have still this process of portal redirection.

Any ideas to reduce this overhead ? It it possible ? Is it a tomcat
problem or cocoon portal one ? a authentication fw ?

Thanks for any help

--

BlueXML
Jean-Christophe Kermagoret