cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Strange caching issue: need to reload twice
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 06:51:07 GMT
On 03.11.2005 20:42, Antonio Fiol Bonnín wrote:

>>Hmm... could this be related to the refresh delay of the directory
>>generator[1]?

I also don't think that it is an issue of the delay. This would prevent
checking the validness completely IIRC.

> - The logs show that the cached response *is* removed on the first
> reload attempt, but is *not* cached again (generated again?) until the
> second reload.  I cannot guess why a content which is removed from the
> cache is not generated and re-cached immediately after that.

It sounds more like a behaviour where the cache is checked, not taken
for valid, but the old content is delivered once again while the new
content is generated in background. Does Cocoon have such a caching
strategy anywhere?

Jörg