cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Popups in Cocoon
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 19:57:14 GMT
Oleg Konovalov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am implementing enhancements to the existing Cocoon 2.0.4
> project (sitemap actions, lots of xsl/xml, some Java).
> When customer clicks on some link, it's supposed to display
> a popup with data from several queries [no inserts/updates].
>
> A few Cocoon newbie questions in that regard:
> 1) Is there any support for popups in Cocoon ?

Cocoon is no different from anything else. Popups are an HTML/Javascript
thing.

> 2) How do you make sure that it can only displays 1 instance
> of that popup ?

You open a new window with a name, and point new content at that name.

> 3) Is there a way to automatically close that popup
> when user moved out from that page ?

Hmm. Not that sure. If there is, I'd doubt it'd work on all browsers.
You'd need to use an onblur property and set it to javascript:window.close()

> 4) How do you get data from (multiple) SQL queries in popup ?
> (normally in that app the queries are in XML, usually 1 per
> screen)

Use aggregation to join two or more XML SQL queries into one file?

Regards, Upayavira