cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Messing, Elad" <elad.mess...@eml-d.villa-bosch.de>
Subject Log4j appender file paths under Cocoon
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:57:29 GMT
Hello all
	I am using Log4J for logging of my classes, all running in a
Cocoon web application.
	In my log4j properties file , I have a File appender configured.

	I would like to configure the log files , to be located in the
WEB-INF/logs - just like the Cocoon log files. This requires "Relative"
path which (as far as I know) is problematic with log4j.
	However- I do know that log4j allows you to use a system
property (like {catalina.home} ) in your path. I do not know to use my
custom system property - to ease installation.

	My question is - does the cocoon servlet set up such a property
? Maybe this is configurable in Cocoon ?
	If not - maybe you have the same problem and already found a
solution  ?

	Thank you !

Elad Messing