cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lian Liming <lianlim...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about multiple pipelines
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:31:40 GMT
Hi all,

I am new to Cocoon and now at the period of learning basic Cocoon
conceptions. I have learned some samples by studying their sitemaps. I am
confused by the multiple pipelines. As far as I know, we need "match" or
"selector" to match the client requests to start pipelines. Sometimes in the
sample, I see all the matchers are defined in a single "pipeline".But
sometimes, the matchers are grouped into several pipelines.

The client request is matched in the order from the top "match" to the end
"match", so why do we need to define multiple pipelines? The only reason I
know so far is that different pipeline can define different "error-handler".
Is that all the reason for multiple pipelines?

Another question is that, if having defined multiple pipelines, what is the
order for the pipelines matching the client request? Is it the same as
multiple "match" in a single pipeline which based on "first-match" approach?

Thanks for any suggestion.
--
Real happiness rises from peace in the heart!