cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Omar Adobati <omar.adob...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Three steps DB Interaction
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 19:44:25 GMT
Ard,
  really thanks to your answer... I'm actually checking the links you
send to me, I also already downloaded the code of BricksCms...
But, because I'm new to cocoon, could you send me "the most basic
example"? I think the code of BricksCms is a little complicated for
me...

thank you very much,
  Omar

On 11/9/05, Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijvers@hippo.nl> wrote:
> Hello Omar,
>
> you should really take a look at flow/cforms/bindings etc etc. Very basic example you
can find in the bricks cms example. Work from that, forget writing your own sql statements
and xsp!

> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/BricksCms
> http://www.cocoongt.org/binaries/bricks-cms-overview.pdf
>
> Don't hesitate because of the name cms, it is only meant as an example how to integrate
cforms/binding/template/ojb etc

> If in worst case senario you don't manage, let me hear and I will email the most basic
example I can find and will convince you :-)

> AS
>

> > Good moring all,
> >
> > I have the need to do the following:
> > 1) Fill a form
> > 2) insert the data filled in the form into a DB
> > 3) display the result
> >
> > Now, my idea is to make this 3 steps each one xsp page.
> >
> > I can do it with two steps: the first page show the form to fill and
> > the second one manage the eSQL and show the results... this works
> > good... but if I'm in the second page and the try to reload the page I
> > have a new DB interaction (suppose I'm inserting new data... with the
> > refresh of the page I'll have new data inserted in my database... but
> > I don't want and don't need it).
> >
> > My question now is: how to configure the sitemap.xmap for the 3 step
> > idea? Is my idea good? Any useful solution?
> >

> > thanks to all
> > --
> > Omar Adobati
> > omar.adobati@gmail.com