cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Checking all keys are translated - done before ?
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 11:21:24 GMT
Thomas Lutz <mattom <at> gmx.at> writes:

> Maybe it's possible to create some sort of file crawler, that applies
> the I18N transformer to the files when deploying ?

That's not possible neither. Imagine an XML that contains the i18n keys not in
i18n namespace, an XSLT converts them to i18n. Or even worse: only part of the
key is in the XML, the rest is added by the XSLT. You will never get a fully
working crawler except by crawling *all* pipelines with every possible
request. For me this sounds like a task for an automated test where you can
grep the log files afterwards.

Jörg