cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Are any of the developers using Groovy?
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:08:52 GMT
Le 12 oct. 05, à 10:51, Derek Hohls a écrit :

> In other words, 2.1.8 is not going to really add anything to
> the many db-related issues that have been raised before,..

As Sylvain has already committed the java components required for his
jdbi stuff, the rest will be "just" flowscript, so easy to integrate
later even if it's not part of the release.

> and I am better off waiting for 2.2 to see of the more useful
> work coming through?..

Depends on exactly what "useful work" you expect ;-)

IMHO, 2.2 will mostly bring direct goodies in the java development area
(improved build, more modular blocks, less cruft) at first. This will
certainly ripple to more useful tools for users who do not do their own
java programming, but maybe not right from the start.

If you're "only" doing sitemaps, XSLT and Flowscript, there will be few
differences with 2.2 initially, which is a Good Thing.

-Bertrand