cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jakob Fix <jakob....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Existing XSP "not found" by Cocoon (only on Linux)
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:10:30 GMT
Alfred,

On 27/10/05, Nathaniel Alfred <Alfred.Nathaniel@swx.com> wrote:
> You should get rid of the /../ and /./ in file:/var/www/dynaprism/lib/exist/webapp/../../../webapp/./search/highlight.xsp.
 It seems to confuse the package name generation once deducing it from the verbatim path and
from a canonical form.

Is there a reason why this happens only on Linux, as compared to Windows?

> If you look into the generated highligh_xsp.java file (I think for Jetty the default
tempdir is under /var/tmp) you should find a package name like org.apache.cocoon.www.webapp.search.

Ok, I found the directory, it's in
/var/www/dynaprism/lib/exist/tools/jetty/work/Jetty__8085__/cocoon-files/org/webapp/__/search

and the package name at the top of the file highlight_xsp_.java is
   package org.webapp.__.search;

but the same is true for the other, working XSP file,  search_xsp_.java:

   package org.webapp.__.search;

But I agree, this doesn't look kosher.

Now, how can I get rid of all the directory back-tracking, because
this is Cocoon generating these paths?  Sorry, but I don't really
know.

> HTH, Alfred.

thanks, it's a start.

--