cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Merging Pipeline Content into PDF
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:39:36 GMT
Le 20 oct. 05, à 20:28, Julian a écrit :

> ...I was hoping for something in-memory that would not
> require network activity, but it seems there is no
> other easy way to access the Cocoon servlet via Java...

If it's on the same host, the "network" activity only happens in the IP
stack layers. I don't think the cost of doing this makes much
difference as compared to the cost of generating and merging the PDFs.

There might be a more direct way, but I wouldn't bother too much -
going HTTP also makes things more decoupled.

-Bertrand