cocoon-users mailing list archives

From John Lianoglou <j...@arachnedesign.net>
Subject Unintentional Caching with Tomcat 5.5.x
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:33:23 GMT
Hey all,

I'm experiencing some strange caching that I really don't intend to
occur. The caching seems to ignore GET params in the URL (as well as
POST params, for that matter)... I guess I only mention the GETs
being different because at least the URL string is different.

I've set up my cocoon installation to run as the default context of a
"virtual host" I set up in my Tomcat install (eg, a <Host> element in
server.xml).

I find that deleting the virtual host's working directory allows the
page to render with different data that actually honors the GET
params... This naturally only works for the very first set of GETs I
use to access the page... also, editing XSL templates, pipelines, etc
for any particular URI does NOT have an effect on the URI's output
until I do the working directory purge.

Anyone have any ideas about how I can permanently keep Cocoon and/or
Tomcat from caching these silly pages?

I'm using Cocoon 2.1.7 and Tomcat 5.5.9

jL